Events e activities
A lot are the activities, the festivals, exhibitions, theather shows, event, musical events, sport events, that are held in Vasto all year long. In Vasto are also held a lot of congresses and conferences.
Among the most important events:
• Ferroluglio and Ferragosto with fireworks on the sea;
• Icecream festival, along Corso Italia;
• Festa del Ritorno (early August) devoted to the migrants;
• International Music and Ethinc Dances Festival;
• Chocolate and Sweets festival, Vasto, Mercato S. Chiara/Via S. Maria Maggiore;
• Golfo d'Oro - Premio Stefania Rotolo. An event devoted to all the young that want to emerge as singers;
• Antiques and Artisan market, in the center of Vasto, more than once in summer;
• Vintage Motorbike market and expo in Piazza Rossetti after 5 PM, July/August and September, every 15 days;
• Pottery didactics exhibition "Giocare con l'arte";
• Row Palio in Punta Penna ("regata dei gonfaloni"), end of July/early August;
• Ecological walk for blind people;
• Painting exhibitions;
• Vintage car "Città del Vasto" meeting;
• Abruzzese Dialectical Poetry Festival;
• Festival of the Campanelle (little bells) of Saint Rocco (16 of August), expo and selling of artisan items and, above all, the typical pottery bells. One can find every kind of bells: brass, crock, glass, and every size. Info. 0873 30 93 73/4
• Cavatell' e Piluse Festival, at the Rotonda Lungomare Dalmazia.
• "Pane onde e pamnmadèure" festival, in Pagliarelli. there is always a reason to eat bread and tomato. On this occasion is is possible to eat typical cakes, scrippelle (a kind of crepes) and wine. It will also be a lot of live music.
• Pizza Festival, in Sant'Antonio Abate quarter.
• "Sagne e fasciule" Festival, in San Lorenzo.
• Scrippelle "Festival", in Zona Villaggio Siv.
• VinVasto Festival, at the S. Michele winery, a traditional tasting of typical Vastese wines and local food.
• Traditional concert on the 16th of August, at the Marina di Vasto;
• Vasto Film Festival, movie festival at which participate a lot of really known actors and directors;
• Vasto Jazz, jazz, rock, folck and blues music festival.
• Vasto Musica Festival;
• Winter Film Festival.
The Fattoria degli Elfi (tel. 388 75 15 895) it is a Onlus in Vasto that organizes pet-therapy laboratories, garden-therapy and comunication for children and teenagers (even the most problematic ones), parents and adults in general. It proposes activities with rabbits, donkeys, horses, goats in a farm.
Walking or biking into the Punta Aderci Natural Reserve
This is a marvellous area, suitable to be crossed by bike or by feet, rich in Mediterranean scrub.
Today it is a protected area characterized by the Punta Aderci promontory; vegetation is really rich and it is possible to taste an intense smell of wild chamomile. If you practice birdwatching this is the right place to visit! If you like bicycle, you can rent it for only € 5,00 at the entrance of the Reserve. The path is really flat, excluded a brief initial climb.
Typical cooking laboratories
Some of the inhabitants of Vasto wanted to let discover to italian and foreign tourists the Abruzzese cooking. For instance, Rosannacooking lives between the Abruzzo and New York, where she proposes cooking and catering courses. Really smart and pleasant to listen when she talks about his life between two continents. Even Fabrizio and Lorenzo by the Italia Sweet Italia, are involved into the local development, by making known the territory to the foreign tourists (but not only). They offer the chance to participate in the harvest of olives, to the hunting of truffles, but also cooking holidays and typical cooking courses. A little bit different service is the one offered by the chef Mario Cane, who with his mates of Chefcasamia gives suggestions about recipes and addresses, but he is also a personal chef.
Pottery laboratory and artistic artisan
The Bottega Creta Rossa is in the center of Vasto and the couple who managed it produces a lot of items in majolica and organizes production and decoration of pottery courses.
Visit of a Trabucco
Trabocchi are typical of the Abruzzese and Pugliese coast. The one close to vasto is known as the "costa dei Trabocchi". If you are interested, you can also book a guided visit with a fishing demonstration.
Excursion at the Majella mountain
At about an hour from Vasto there is the Majella mountain, that hosts a National Park, that was established in 1995. There is a lot of biodiversity, above all botanical. In the park live wolves, bears, chamois andsteinbocks. There are hermitages and also a shelter on the Mount Amaro, that with its 2793 meters allows to have walks at high altitude. To be visited, the Gole di San Martino, 14 km long, that also preserve the ruins of an ancient monastery dated VIII century and that were revealed in 2005. If you are lucky you can meet the last sheperd who still practices the vertical transhumance, by leading his herd with his staff.
The Hotel President of the Vasto is located 70 meters from the sea often awarded the coveted European Blue Flag. The direct management ensures a peaceful and carefree holiday in a cheerful and modern environment.
- Viale Dalmazia n° 136 66054 Vasto Marina (CH)
- Tel. (+39) 0873 / 801444 - Fax: (+39) 0873 / 801484
- Email: email@example.com